Three ways to shape your career even if you do not know what you want
You are good at doing many things and enjoy them all, you may even be very skilled (multi-potential profile)… or simply, you are very open-minded and you have difficulties to make a decision on only one career goal… Well, you are the only one in the world!
The good news is that people like you have many possibilities to build a career in something you are very good at and that you enjoy, you might not even need to look so hard because you are very flexible.
The bad news is that it is very likely that you get easily bored in a job in a short time…
In my experience as career coach, I have come to understand that super skilled people who are interested in different things get a better chance of optimizing their revenues in a career that allows them to fully express their many potentialities.
But how to do this?
- Define what is highest in your personal values -what you care the most in your life– so that you shape your career around those values.
- Make a sills inventory in order to rank your preferable skills.
- Evaluate different job positions in detail so that you know how monotonous or dynamic they can be and find out if you make a good fit…or not.
How to shape your career
- Consider joining a big group where you can take the advantage of the internal mobility opportunities (possibility to change jobs of different functional areas, affiliates and even countries), this way you know you will be able to make some career changes when you need them
- Or maybe you can create your own company around a product or service that you design. This way you get to be involved as you want, while exploiting all your many skills…
- Why not considering a portfolio career? A portfolio career means that you get different jobs, different sources of revenues, where you take advantage of your multiple skills. Portfolio careers is a very interesting option for multi-potential people. I would say is the best since it provides the person the diversification that is necessary to, ironically, stay focused.
Do you want to know more about how to shape your career and exploit your many skills? Then I invite you to watch this Free Class “6 Indisputable steps to successfully reinvent your career” , or Join my Facebook Group or LinkedIn Group